Residential Gutter & Downspout Market Bolstered by Design Trends Favoring Hip Style Roofs
CLEVELAND, September 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — A new analysis from the Freedonia Group shows that the increasing number of new homes built with hip style roofs instead of traditional gable roofs, until 2025 will boost profits in the residential market for gutter and downspout products:
- Hip-style roofs slope on all four sides of the house and typically require gutters along each slope, while a gable roof only requires gutters on two sides of the house.
- As a result, more newly built homes will require greater lengths of gutter and downspout products than their predecessors, boosting new sales and expanding the consumer base for replacement sales going forward.
US Gutter and Downspout Market to Total 1.7 Billion Linear Feet by 2025
The Freedonia Group predicts that the demand for gutter and downspout products in the US will increase by 2.0% per year to $4.1 billion in 2025, mainly driven by an increase in housing activity. While faster growth will be limited by high pandemic-related housing spending in 2020 and 2021, progress will be supported by:
- the replacement of older or worn roofs, as gutters and downspouts are often replaced as part of roof repair and replacement projects
- increasing interest in using gutters and downspouts to divert water away from basements and building foundations to minimize water damage
- expanding the use of gutter guards to reduce maintenance requirements for gutter and downspout systems
Gutters and downspouts for homes analyzes US demand for residential gutter and downspout products (ie rainwear) by product, market segment, material and region. Historical data for 2010, 2015 and 2020 and forecasts for 2025 and 2030 are presented in dollars and in linear feet (excluding hardware and accessories).
- gutters (seamless and preformed)
- downspouts (seamless and preformed)
- gutter guards (mesh and screens; hood and covers; foam and bristles)
- hardware and accessories
- new residential area
- residential improvement and repair
- copper, zinc and other materials, such as wood, fiberglass, concrete (Finlock)
- Northeast (Middle Atlantic and New England)
- Midwest (East North Central and West North Central)
- South (South Atlantic, East South Central and West South Central)
- West (Mountain and Pacific)
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industry research company, providing our clients with product analysis, market forecasting, industry trends and market share information. From one-person consultancies to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased, reliable market research and industry analysis to help them make important business decisions. With more than 100 studies published annually, we support more than 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find ready-made studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for custom inquiry: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group