Roofing Maintenance Season Begins as Facility Managers and Building Owners Make Sure Roofing is Ready for Winter Weather
Preventive maintenance is the key to preventing problems and lowering costs
— Matt Malorni, Service Director, Legacy Roofing Services
CLEVELAND, OHIO, USA, October 6, 2021 /ENDdresswire.com/ — As the cool fall weather begins to set in, facility managers and commercial building owners are looking up at their roofs to ensure they are prepared for the onset of winter and, depending on the climate, anything from sleet and snow to pounding hail and blizzards. Legacy Roofing Services, one of the largest commercial roofing companies in the United States, recommends taking preventative measures to ensure a trouble-free winter.
Matt Malorni, Service Director of Legacy Roofing Services, offers these simple tips to help you avoid major problems:
– Preventive maintenance is the most important thing you can do for a healthy roof and a stable budget. Stopping problems before they start can help prevent expensive repairs and replacements.
– Conduct a walk-over assessment every fall and spring to check the integrity of the structure and identify before and after harsh winter conditions and damage.
– Just because a roof is new doesn’t mean it doesn’t need maintenance. The best way to extend the life of a roof is to establish a preventive maintenance plan right away. Manufacturers can also provide incentives to properly maintain the roof, including an extension of the warranty period to 10 years.
– Two of the biggest mistakes a facility manager can make is neglect and trying to maintain a roof with the help of general maintenance personnel. Roofers are trained to detect complex problems before they arise. For example, leaks or holes may be too small for a non-roofer to notice and are not repaired to prevent water from entering.
– Small problems can quickly become big problems. A minor leak left unaddressed will not only worsen, but can lead to rot and other structural damage that will eventually need to be replaced. Fixing these minor problems right away can help you avoid bigger and more expensive problems.
Legacy Roofing Services is one of the largest commercial roofing companies in the United States, managing more than 5 million square feet of roofing materials annually. The company offers a wide range of installation, repair and maintenance services using the latest technologies, including infrared scanning, a fleet of UAS drones and its own online project management portal. Legacy Roofing has been ranked as a “Top 100 Roofing Contractor” by Roofers magazine for the past six years and is certified, licensed and licensed by every major roofing system manufacturer. The company was founded in 2012 and operates in the Midwestern United States. More information is available at LegacyRoofing.com and on social media (Twitter: @LegacyRfg; IG: @LegacyRoofSvc; Facebook: @LegacyRoofingServices.
The Honig Company, LLC